This has been a year of change for the Book Arts program, as we’ve recently moved from the Virginia Arts of the Book Center to the Virginia Center for the Book at the Jefferson School City Center in Charlottesville. At this point in our transition and growth, we ask all past VABC members to renew your annual membership which supports the spirit of community and collaboration that has made this program thrive in Central Virginia. We also invite new members to consider joining!RENEW OR JOIN TODAY!
Annual Book Arts memberships are still just $120 per year and members will continue to:
- receive updates from the Book Arts listserv as well as the Virginia Center for the Book’s informative monthly newsletters
- have the opportunity to share Book Arts resources and have access to presses and equipment you are licensed to operate
- be invited to participate in collaborative members projects, such as the 2018 project Bird Talk
- receive discounts on classes (many new offerings are always in the works)
What’s new for 2018-2019 Book Arts membership?
- a more spacious, brighter, better-organized workspace in the Jefferson School City Center
- Mum Mondays: dedicated quiet work time 9AM-4PM as the week begins
- book artists’ talks: special opportunities to meet and hear from those dedicated to the craft (like the Charles Hobson event)
- more social and collaborative work opportunities
- improved promotion and coordination through the Virginia Center for the Book
You may also consider these add-ons to basic membership:
- Member Plus (+$60 per year, or $180 total). A flat file in the Center can be a great way to keep a project moving without all the schlepping. Add $60 to your membership and let your projects stretch out in 24″ x 36″ x 2″ comfort.
- Professional Membership (+$180/year, or $300 total). You may conduct business through the Center by creating items for your business or contracting your work/services. All benefits of membership apply to those pursuing independent for-profit job work. Interested parties may inquire with Garrett Queen.
Prefer to pay your membership dues with a check? Checks can be made out to “Virginia Humanities” or “VH” (please include “Book Arts membership” in the remark line) and dropped off at the Center during open hours or mailed to:
145 Ednam Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Please note: Book Arts memberships are fees for access and services, so are not recognized as tax-exempt donations.
Want to up your support? Outright gifts may be made to the Virginia Center for the Book and/or Book Arts program any time by clicking HERE.