It’s that time of year again! Book Arts memberships are now open for the 2019-2020 year. If you are new to Book Arts, please consider becoming a member to join our community of makers and receive the benefits below. If you are a current member, we hope you’ll renew your annual membership. Your memberships support the spirit of community and collaboration that has made this program thrive in Central Virginia.JOIN OR RENEW TODAY!
Book Arts memberships are still just $120 per year and members will:
- receive advance notice, members-only access, and discounts for classes (many new offerings are always in the works)
- be subscribed to updates from the Book Arts listserv as well as the Virginia Center for the Book’s informative monthly newsletters
- have the opportunity to share Book Arts resources and have access to presses and equipment you are licensed to operate
- be invited to participate in collaborative members projects
- have access to a spacious, bright, and well-organized workspace in the Jefferson School City Center
- be invited to special opportunities to meet and hear from book artists dedicated to the craft
- have opportunities to take part in social and collaborative projects
- enjoy improved promotion and coordination through the Virginia Center for the Book
You may also consider these add-ons to basic membership:
- Member Plus (+$60 per year, or $180 total). A flat file in the Center can be a great way to keep a project moving without all the schlepping. Add $60 to your membership and let your projects stretch out in 24″ x 36″ x 2″ comfort.
- Professional Membership (+$180/year, or $300 total). You may use Center resources in creating items for your business or contracting your work/services. All benefits of membership apply to those pursuing independent for-profit job work. Interested parties may inquire with Garrett Queen.
Prefer to pay your membership dues with a check? Checks can be made out to “Virginia Humanities” or “VH” (please include “Book Arts membership” in the remark line) and dropped off at the Center during open hours or mailed to:
145 Ednam Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Please note: Book Arts memberships are fees for access and services, so are not recognized as tax-exempt donations.
Hoping to increase your support? Outright gifts may be made to the Virginia Center for the Book and/or Book Arts program any time by clicking HERE.
Photos above by Pat Jarrett/Virginia Humanities.