We are now offering multiple levels of Book Arts membership
• Book Arts Membership – $50/yr (The Book Arts Enthusiast)
• Book Arts Family Membership – $75/yr
• Studio Membership – $150/yr (The Book Arts Practitioner)
• Studio Plus Membership – $210/yr
• Professional Membership – $325/yr
Virginia Center for the Book, a program of Virginia Humanities, hosts a community of member artists exploring books, paper, and printmaking through a hands-on studio located in Charlottesville’s Jefferson School.
Our book arts program engages in arts & humanities projects with a community-access approach and provides equipment and training resources for individual artists to perfect their skills and practice their craft.
Our member artists group aims to provide the public with a direct educational experience with book arts including printing, binding, and paper-making amidst the largest collection of letterpress type and equipment in the Commonwealth available for public use.
Your membership will support the work of the Center, including education, social programs, the production of instructional videos, and more
Book Arts Membership $50/yr (Book Arts Enthusiast)
Our basic membership includes…
- Advance notice, members-only access, and discounts for classes and workshops
- Advanced preview of annual auction items
- Annual printed keepsake/ephemera sent to you in the mail
- Invitations to special opportunities to meet and hear from book artists
- Opportunities to take part in social events and projects that arise, attend potlucks, wayzgoose, receive invitations to exhibitions and receptions
- Subscriptions to the members-only Book Arts listserv and the Virginia Center for the Book’s monthly e-newsletter
Book Arts Family Membership $75/yr
- Book Arts Enthusiast Membership for 2+ folks in a household
- Includes the same benefits as our basic membership for all in a household
Studio Membership $150/yr (Book Arts Practitioner)
Basic Membership perks plus:
- Access to presses, equipment, and resources during open hours, and by appointment.
- Use of a spacious, bright, and well-organized shared workspace in Charlottesville
- Exhibition opportunities and promotion of work through the Virginia Center for the Book, including your artwork featured in an annual spring member’s show
- Your name, a brief description of your practice, email address, and website are listed on our online Member Artist registry
- Participation in annual Members’ Projects
Studio Plus Membership $210/yr
- This membership level adds a flat file to the Studio Membership
- A flat file in the Center can be a great way to keep a project moving without all the schlepping.
- Add $60 to your studio membership and let your projects stretch out in 24″ x 36″ x 2″ comfort.
Professional Membership $325/yr
- You may use Center resources in creating items for your business or contracting your work/services. All benefits of studio plus membership apply to those pursuing independent for-profit job work.
- Interested parties may inquire with Garrett Queen
Please note: Book Arts Studio memberships are fees for access and services, so are not recognized as tax-exempt donations.
Hoping to increase your support?
Outright gifts may be made to the Virginia Center for the Book and/or Book Arts program any time by clicking HERE.
Any/all membership and general Book Arts questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org