Friday, April 26, 2019 (6:30 – 8:00 PM): Reception & Demonstration
and Saturday, April 27, 2019 (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Learn how to work with Solarplate polymer plates to create etchings from your digital photography. The results are beautifully rich and timeless photographic prints that will last forever.
Photogravure printmaking is among the earliest photographic processes dating back to the mid-1800s. Polymer plates, a modern-day adaptation of the early process allows the image to be etched into the plate without the use of harmful acids. This is a completely non-toxic approach.
This class is ideal for amateur and professional photographers or any artist interested in expanding their craft through photographic printmaking
Provided materials include:
• Negative Transparency Material
• Solarplates (two 4” x 5” plates)
• Etching Paper and Ink
* Additional plates and paper will be available for purchase
Photos for Imaging:
Participants are encouraged to bring their own images for plate making.
* Digital images from mobile devices will work well
• Copy photos to a USB Flash Drive (thumb or stick)
• You don’t need to provide an image to participate
Solarplate Photogravure – Course Details
Instructor: E.B. Kellinger
Schedule: Friday and Saturday, April 26 & 27, 2019
• Reception w/Refreshments & Demonstration of Process – Friday 04/26 (6:30 – 8:00 PM)
• Instruction, Plate Making, Printing – Saturday, 04/27 (10 AM – 4:00 PM)
Location: Virginia Center for the Book (map: Jefferson School City Center)
Registration Fee: $145 members/$170 non-members (course fee includes materials}
Additional course information, registration or Book Arts questions contact: Garrett Queen: [email protected]
Register on our Eventbrite secure payment site:
Course fees must be paid to complete your registration.
Your registration is not complete until you get an email reply.