Interested in constructing a beautiful slipcase to “house” a favorite book or set of books?
Participants in this class will build one slipcase in class and learn to adapt the basic model to accommodate different sizes of books.
Using a standard size hardback journal as our base (this book is provided), participants will measure, cut, cover, and assemble a four-sided, lined slipcase to house the journal.
Additionally, participants will apply the slipcase formula to measure and cut slipcase boards for a book of their choice.
Participants will complete the second slipcase at home using their own decorative paper.
Slipcase Construction – Workshop Details
Instructor: Jane Freeman
Schedule: Sunday, September 23, 2018, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Virginia Center for the Book (map: Jefferson School City Center)
Fee for One Day Workshop: $95 BookArts Members – $115 non-members
Class Size: Limited to seven students.
Skill level: Basic Binding Skills (Knowledge of binding vocabulary, some experience with binding tools, the ability to measure, glue, and follow directions)
Questions about the workshop contact: Jane Freeman
• Workshop fee includes the cost of all materials.
• The course provided materials include binder’s board, decorative paper, and a hardcover journal.
• Binding tools, brushes, and glue will be available for in-class use.
• Participants should also bring one hardback book of their own to class – no larger than 8 x 10
Workshop Registration is via Secure Credit Card Payment *
* Note that registration is not complete until you receive payment confirmation.