Join book artist Josef Beery for a fun session of printing on a BookBeetle Press and hand binding with paste and scissors to create a unique artists’ book of beasts—an Alphabestiary!
The class is on Saturday from 10 AM until 2:00 PM with a half-hour snack break.
The class is intended for students in grades 2, 3, and 4. This is not a drop-in class, kids need to arrive at 10 AM.
Each student will leave with their own copy of the Alphabestiary.
The class size is limited to eight. Each child must be accompanied by an adult who may participate if they choose. [This class is a perfect opportunity for teachers and child recreation providers to learn a new skill.]
All materials supplied. $40 per student, inquire about scholarship assistance.
Book Building for Kids: Workshop Details
- Instructor: Josef Beery
- Schedule: Workshops on Saturday – November 18 (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
- Note: these are individual sessions (when registering you will be asked to select one of the three dates offered)
- Location: Virginia Center for the Book (map: Jefferson School City Center)
- Registration Fee: $40 per student
- The workshop fee includes online registration and the cost of all materials.
- Materials and tools: All materials provided w/tools available for in-class use.
- Class Size: Limited to eight students
- Each child must be accompanied by an adult who may participate if they choose.
- For additional course information contact: Josef Beery email@example.com
- For questions about registration or Center programs contact: Garrett Queen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course fees must be paid to complete your registration: You will receive an email confirmation upon completion of your registration.
This program is in part made possible by a grant from the Joseph and Robert Cornell Memorial Foundation